- Chanel Holiday 2011 Collection: Les Scintillances de Chanel - Staying true to Old Hollywood and classic glamour, it's all about subtle, glistening golden beige eyes and glossy, rouge lips. The Beige Lamé Eyeshadow and Rouge Allure lipstick (or stain) make for a breathtakingly beautiful holiday look.
- Dior Le Rouges Or Christmas Collection - Dior gives us more seductive and smokey golden eyes with scintillating red lipstick injected with a golden powder that melts like a pigment on the lips. This look is so effortlessly eye-catching and it can be achieved with Dior 5 Couleurs Gold Edition and Les Rouges Or lipstick in Trafalgar.
- Lancome Holiday 2011 Collection - Another take on gold and red, but the gold is in the highlighter applied on cheekbones with the Golden Hat Illuminating Smooth Powder Goldenescent Glow while the red, L'Absolu Rouge in True Red, is a more vibrant shade to serve as the focal point of this look. Seen on the hauntingly beautiful Kate Winslet are smokey brown lids to complete the look. After 3 gold/red collections discussed, I guess it is safe to say that this combo doesn't fail.
- MAC Holiday 2011 Glitter & Ice - The name of the collection is pretty self-explanatory, but for discussion sake, it consists of high impact and marbled, pearly metallic eyeshadow pots, satin lippies and dazzleglasses (shimmery lipglosses). Obviously, none of us are expected to wear these products the same way as illustrated (unless you will be attending a futuristic-themed party), but perhaps think of channeling makeup looks from 2000.
- Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) Beaute Holiday Collection - A look that I never tire of - ultra smokey gray eyes and nude lips. I usually prefer matte when it comes to nude lippies, but the Metallique (brownish shade) and Rose Metallique are absolutely gorg. With respect to eyes, the Noir Terriblement 5-Shade Eyeshadow is to.die.for. They didn't make it limited edition for nothin'.
- Shu Uemura Holiday Collection by Wong Kar Wai - As expected, yet always delightful, Shu treats us to odd beauty with frostbitten eyes and contrasting shimmery, brownish red lips. The Burning in Water palette is lovely on its own, but what's a Shu look without the statement lashes? The Dancing in Glitter Premium Edition Eyelashes are fab. It's almost like having bits of snow crystals dusted on your lashes.
- Guerlain Belle de Nuit Holiday 2011 Makeup Collection - With a holiday collection inspired by the evening sky, it seems that Guerlain can do no wrong. With lush blue infused in the spellbinding Le Ombres de Nuit eyeshadow quad, the Parure de Nuit powder and blush (ever so lightly for that extra translucent glow), and the 30s-inspired Nuit d'Amour (the bluish red shade seen in the collection photo below) lipstick. This collection is nothing short of intriguing and is definitely a breath of fresh [evening] air.
|The ad made use of the Flirt d'un Jour lipstick shade, which can be a softer alternative to the Nuit d'Amour shade|
I am a huge fan of holiday looks, because they mirror the milestones that occur during the closing out of every year. Often times, my favorite brands release limited edition items that color up my annual Christmas Wish List. Nevertheless, I don't always luck out on lists so I still find ways to pick up pieces here and there, make do with makeup that I already own and try out looks-for-less based on the most stand-out, fascinating holiday trends that I come across. Instead of being intimidated by the [beautiful] struggle of getting each and every single product, there is no price on simply being inspired and aware.
Despite what any of our fates will be in garnering these collections, trying out these spectacularly genius ideas is still worthwhile. Enjoy these Holiday 2011 Trends according to Chanel, Dior, Lancome, MAC, YSL, Shu Uemura and Guerlain.