Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Park

It's so much fun reconnecting with old friends after such a long time and being able to take your current hobbies and/or lifestyles to common ground. After years and years of not seeing my former music groupmate, Harry Javier, we decided to plan a test shoot given that he is now a photographer (he claims he is just a hobbyist, but his pictures are gorg!)

Originally, we were going to work with his friend's brand and based on the feel of the pieces, I came up with a concept based on a shoot that Ashley Olsen had done for Nylon mag. She was shot at a park and had some really easy, casual layered clothing and edgy makeup that played mostly on the eyes. I knew of the perfect location for this and you know what they say about looking "in your own backyard".  Well, it wasn't exactly my backyard, but my village happens to have a really photogenic park with so many worthy areas - from the jogging path to the playground to the basketball court, etc. I knew we could get some fun shots there.

Due to scheduling conflicts, the clothes didn't make it in time for our shoot, but Harry and I decided to go ahead and keep the concept and I styled our 2 models instead.

Here are some shots from "The Park":

Credits


Models: Eriko Megan of Yeoh Models and Edzen Pineda
Hair/Makeup/Styling: Monique Jaramillo-Seneres
Photography: Harry Javier






More photos to follow, but other shots can already be viewed at: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.279172585439068.66701.138937482795913&type=1

I was very pleased with the outcome of the pics, because Harry was able to capture just what I had in mind. Makeup wasn't too crazy, but I definitely wanted to go with something very urban - so I went with a lot of smokey gray using many flicks on my blending brush with respect to eyes, rouge and strobe cream on cheeks to add color and catch the natural light and brown and berry lippies.

It just goes to show that you can find inspiration anywhere you are. Makeup artists, photographers, writers, what have you.  You can take a stroll through your village, connect with nature, go to the middle of the hectic, city streets to find something that gets the creative juices flowing.  For now, perhaps, I can lend you pieces of my inspiration - "the park".



No comments:

Post a Comment