Thursday, July 28, 2011

Visualization: Must-Have and Will-Have Beauty Products

Visualize it...and it will come to you. Repeat 1,000,000,000... times.

This is my current mantra after getting the scoop on all the recently released "hybrid" beauty goodies (think of those 1-step correctors, concealers, and foundations that have come out and adjust to suit all skin) as well as some stuff that caught my eye that are set for release.  Take a look at my vision board and you too, will be chanting along with me.

Check out these insane "hybrid" products:

Stila Custom Color blush
This is the first powder blush that adjusts to your skin tone. How many times have we all had to change up our use of color after getting a tan or when getting extra pale when not getting sunlight? Too cool.

Armani Metallic Eyeshadows
Okay, so this is supposed to last for up to 24 hours. Yes, it is a little scary thinking about the formulation that goes into this, but obviously you wouldn't wear these everyday.  Plus, I am obsessed with all things metallic at the moment and these would be great for nights out or for application on models for runway shows. No need for shadow retouches!

Miracle Skin Transformer
This baby serves as a primer, foundation, and sunblock.  In other words, it smooths out  and preps skin, evens out tone and protects from UV rays. I have got to get my hands on this stuff.

Almay One Coat Dial Up Mascara
This mascara has an adjustable dial to allow more or less product to come out, therefore,  allowing a subtler  look  for day and a more dramatic effect for night. I want stock of these tubes, because when it comes to my personal makeup application, my lashes are one of the last things I'm stuck doing and taking awhile to get right.

DuWop Personal Color Changing lipsticks in Private Plum and  Private Nude
Once applied, these lipsticks morph into one that perfectly suits the complexion of the person wearing it. Skip the search for your specific shade! Plus, I love that these come in these classic colors.

Garnier Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Perfector
I do have pretty straight hair, but thanks to our lovely Philippine weather, it tends to frizz out.  This 2-step, heat-activated treatment smooths out hair much longer than others that came before it - a whopping 3 weeks! I'd very much like some of this!

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
These polishes tackle these 5 manicure needs: 1) growth treatment, 2) base coat, 3) strengthener, 4) color, and 5) quick-dry top coat.
Yes, matching your toes with your fingers is "out", but I do hope that they come up with more colors too. I'd give these shades a whirl though! 


How's that for state-of-the-art beauty?  Still, don't get me wrong. I don't yearn for strictly multi-purpose products.  There are a lot of other more basic darlings as part of my vision board that I am highly anticipating like so:

Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder
Well, this actually would fit on my "hybrid" list, but since it isn't out yet, I thought I'd  put it in my "anticipating" batch of products. This gorgeous powder can actually become a liquid and a gel and is said to have a "floating effect" on skin. Wow.

Maybelline's Great Lash 40th Anniversary Limited-Edition Mascaras
I believe my first mascara ever was Great Lash and you know what? The original formulation, which is still very much around, still works great for me. I just want these ones with an appearance upgrade, because well...they look cool.

Hello Kitty Graffiti Eyeshadow and Blush Palette
I always knew Hello Kitty was "down" (well, okay, these are going to be sold at Sephora, but you know what I mean). The cuteness has engulfed me. The shades are super wearable too.

Kardashian Kolors
I can't even explain why I am excited about these. Guess I'm pretty easily brainwashed when it comes to beauty (oops).  If you're wondering what is up with these colors, it's because this nail polish line is "Koming this Kristmas".

YSL Ombres 5 Lumiere Eyeshadow Palette in Midnight Garden
Be still my heart. I think this palette has my name on it! These are all the shades I am crazy about right now. Yes, I'd rock that mint green too!


So there you have it. Not merely swoon, swoon, swoon. They will be mine. Believe it, say it, visualize it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    Blog awards for you! :)

    http://beauteauparadis.blogspot.com/2011/08/yay-for-blog-awards.html

    Nina

    ReplyDelete