I made swatches of my favorite bright lipsticks recently, but hadn't gotten around to posting it. So in order to make up for that, I figured I'd also post swatches of my favorite bronze eyeshadows plus tips on my favorite ways to wear the complete look.
|Pink & Orange Lipsticks|
Top (Left to Right): MAC All Styled Up, Elite Pink, MAC Something New, NARS Schiap, L'Oreal Intense Fuschia
Bottom (Left to Right): L'Oreal Orange Fever, YSL No. 21 Pure Orange, MAC Neon Orange
L-R: No. 1 on Smashbox Highlighter Quad, MAC Amber Lights, Beauty Rush Hot Ginger, Chanel Le Bronze Eyeshadow, Wet n' Wild Silk Finish Brassy
On to the eyeshadows. While I have seen some women wear their bright lipsticks with smokey eyes, I prefer to wear my eyeshadow very light. I'm not necessarily strict about the strong eyes/light lips or light eyes/strong lips rule (hey, it's not a law), but I just feel that these lipsticks are nearly stand-alone on the face with other features acting as soft harmonies. As shown in my samples above, there are many options when it comes to bronze. It is up to you to take it lighter, warmer or more tan to go with your pink or orange lips.
For these 2 looks that I will be showing you (which only differ in lipstick color), I will give you a breakdown of how I wore them from prep to finish:
|Had to share this. How cute is this MAC 182 Kabuki brush?|
- Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser (removed with a warm washcloth)
- Pond's White Beauty Pore Conditioning Toner
- Shu Uemura Depsea Hydrability Moisturizer (you'll still look dewy post-concealer/powder regimen, without feeling sticky)
- Max Factor Erace in 01 Natural (only as needed under the eyes, red spots around the sides of nose, etc.)
- Max Factor Facefinity in 03 Natural (just a light pat around the whole face)
- Beauty Rush in Hot Ginger over the whole eyelid with just a touch of brown blended along the eyelid
- Ultra-thin placement of liquid liner (which you can follow up with lash curling & mascara, but I chose to skip this)
- Lightly fill in brows with Maybelline Natural Brown
- Maybelline Mineral Power in True Peach dusted on the apples of the cheeks using my MAC 182 kabuki brush (see photo inset)
- Nars Schiap lipstick (1st picture) and YSL Pure Orange lipstick (2nd picture). For bright lipsticks, I go without lip liner or a lip pencil and instead just apply straight from the tube and blend around the lips with my finger.
|Currently my fave pink - Nars Schiap|
|YSL No. 21 Pure Orange|
Around this time of year, many of us don't even wear much makeup and just go with a tinted moisturizer, but for the sake of presenting a full makeup look and making use of "in" products, this is a fun and lovely route to take. Skin prep, slick on your makeup in a minimal amount of time, and head out looking fresh-faced and feeling good. Sparkle in the eyes, glow in the cheeks, and lips that sing...continuing that youth of spring/summer.
Makeup by Monique Jaramillo-Seneres
FB: Makeup by Monique Jaramillo-Seneres