Most likely, every bride will have a makeup artist so instead of giving a run-down on how to make use of products/brands, I will just list down very worthwhile items that can be tested out with stylists. When it comes to bridal makeup, we are of course, speaking of timeless colors as well as long-lasting and waterproof products without SPF (to avoid light bouncing off and whitening in photos) that require minimal retouches.
|Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow Starlight Quad|
- Revlon ColorStay 12 Hour Eyeshadow - The Starlight quad provides classic, sheer coverage eyeshadow colors that will last from ceremony until reception wrap-up.
- YSL Ombre Solo Lasting Radiance Eyeshadow - I would suggest these highly pigmented shadows for evening brides that want to go for a period look
- L'Oreal Wear Infinite Eyeshadow - The Autumn Leaves quad has a gorgeous mix of neutrals for day brides
- Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner - Glides on easily, but won't easily smudge off
- Maybelline Unstoppable Smudge - proof, Waterproof Eyeliner - Another very reliable eyeliner at a friendlier retail price
- Maybelline Define-A-Lash Volume Waterproof Mascara - Whatever Maybelline states in their product name is often true.
- Max Factor Lash Lift Waterproof Mascara - Coats really well and is completely waterproof yet removes easily with cleanser.
- Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara - Not a fan of falsies? This mascara conditions, curls, lengthens and lasts.
- Mary Kay Signature Eye Primer - This is really affordable and gives your eyeshadow some serious staying power.
- L'Oreal De-Crease Eyeshadow Base - Prevents creasing and fading. Perfect for minimizing retouches.
- Nars Eye Primer - Just a little dab goes a long way.
|Chanel Inimitable Waterproof Mascara|
|Covergirl Outlast Lipstain|
|Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencils|
- Covergirl Outlast Lipstain - Usually, I prefer lipstains over lipsticks for brides. These marker-looking lipstains come in great shades from nude to plum and definitely last.
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil - These creamy pencils are great for correcting lip shapes as needed.
- Stila Long Wear Liquid Lip Color - Part gloss and part lipstick. Slicks on and won't budge.
- Avon Perfect Wear Extralasting Lipstick - Indelible lip color that gives lips a classic look.
- MAC & Nars - Do I even need to be specific? The color is always there and always long lasting.
|Avon Perfectwear Extra Lasting Lipstick|
|Dior Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup|
|JK Jemma Kidd Show Stopper Water-resistant Bronzer|
|Kryolan Fixier Spray|
- Laura Mercier Foundation Primer - Prepares skin for smooth application of foundation and allows it to stay in place
- Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray - A few spritzes to make the makeup last
- Kryolan Fixier Spray - Another option. This fixier spray is to makeup as super hold hairspray is to hair.
- MAC Fix + Rose - Can be compared to the Strobe cream. Adds radiance and finishes makeup. The whole Rose Romance collection is lovely actually.
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - Comes in 15 shades so definitely something for everyone. Matte finish and uber staying power.
- Dior Skin Forever Extreme Wear Flawless Makeup - Lightweight, silky coverage but heavyweight stamina.
- Bobbi Brown Sheer Finish Loose Powder - Ultra light and lasts for hours
- L'Oreal Infallible Long Lasting Creamy Powder Foundation - For brides that don't need full coverage and just need to pat down after concealer
- JK Jemma Kidd Show Stopper Water-Resistant Bronzer - For an endless summer glow. Brides definitely shouldn't have layers and layers of bronzer
- Lancome Blush Subtil Highlighter - Gentle and long lasting. This is blushing bride done right
|Urban Decay All Nighter Long Lasting Makeup Setting Spray|
|Lancome Blush Subtil Highlighter|
Bridal makeup should last in more ways than one. It should veer away from trends and instead have a classic look. It should also not take away from the natural beauty of the bride and rather highlight and emphasize the bride's best features so that she may look like the loveliest version of herself. Then of course, the makeup itself must be formulated in such a way that it does not have to be applied and reapplied over and over again to avoid slips, smudges or caking.
For a day when lasting love is celebrated, take the proper measures to ensure lasting makeup too.
Makeup by Monique Jaramillo-Seneres
FB: Makeup by Monique Jaramillo-Seneres