Saturday, May 7, 2011

08: My First Beauty Icon

I'm sure many ladies can relate with me when I say that my mother was my very first beauty icon.  

I played with her makeup, watched intently as she applied her own, and I wanted to be just like her.  She demonstrated class, wit, and most of all love that always sparkled through.


With my beautiful mom. Taken  a  fair  amount of Easters ago (hehe)

Yes, I'm sure everyone thinks their mom is gorgeous, but mine really was and still is.  On the exterior, without a doubt and on the interior, even more so.  

I am still learning and striving everyday to become an ideal woman like my mom and she continues to make an example of herself - she embodies beauty and brains, passion and compassion, originality and creativity, love and strength.

We had our share of differences (blame it on adolescence), but when I became a mother myself, I was able to confirm the formerly dreaded phrase: "Mother knows best".  Now, I believe and state the same with pride.



Silliness. Looking just like momma!
Happy Mother's Day to my mom, all the moms out there and their moms too! ♥
"As is the mother, so is her daughter"       Ezekiel 16:4

1 comment: